The definitive, bestselling guide that has helped thousands restore their core muscles!
Your abdominal muscles have many important jobs―they help you do everything from twisting your spine to singing, accommodating pregnancy, and protecting your abdominal organs. They should not be splitting down the middle! Diastasis recti is not just a “weak core.” It’s a symptom of a whole-body problem.
In Diastasis Recti biomechanist Katy Bowman explains:
- Why it’s better to think of a diastasis as a symptom rather than as “the problem”
- How your current movement habits may be worsening your separation
- Five postural adjustments to make immediately
- Why mainstream core exercises like crunches and planks can make a diastasis worse
- How to sit, stand, and walk for a stronger “whole body” core
With over 30 exercises and habit modifications, this book presents a whole-body corrective program to address the forces overloading the core in the first place. Diastasis Recti is for any man or woman wanting to improve both the function and the appearance of their abdomen.