SUI is a conscious fashion label rooted in India and Singapore. Symbolizing a needle’s connecting prowess in Hindi, SUI aims to intertwine nature and fashion, crafting clothing with a deep reverence for the environment and the artisans behind each piece.
- SUI’s ethos revolves around a “green heart,” promoting versatile, minimal impact clothing that values its creators.
- Conscious of their journey, SUI cherishes every small moment and learning from nature, urging us all to appreciate our world.
- Each of their collections embodies this commitment, offering garments that respect the planet and its wearer. Through the inspired hands of artisans, each piece tells its unique tale.
SUI’s founder, Mahima Gujra, grew up surrounded by garment entrepreneurship and has always cherished the stories behind her clothing. The realization of the fashion industry’s hardships prompted her towards mindful consumption, culminating in SUI’s birth—a brand that intertwines the excitement of conscious clothing with a green heart ethos.
Underpinning SUI’s philosophy are pillars that guide its operations:
- Collaborating with ethical NGOs like WomenWeave and Pin and Needles, they uplift small communities and celebrate Indian crafts known for their sustainable practices.
- Prioritizing planetary health, they use herbal dyes, sustainably produced fabrics, and adopt a zero-waste approach.
- Their threadspellers (tailors) are central to their operations, receiving fair wages and safe working conditions.
- SUI values knowledge dissemination, educating their community through content about sustainable practices.
- Their packaging is largely recycled, aiming to be plastic-free, and using fabric scraps innovatively.
SUI’s commitment to sustainable fabrics is evident in their use of handspun and handwoven organic cotton, pesticide-free organic cotton, eco-friendly hemp, recycled fabric, and Tencel. They partner with revered names like WomenWeave and Textile Basket, ensuring that every piece resonates with nature’s beauty and the artisan’s skill.