Pleasant State is on a mission to transform the way homes are cleaned, emphasizing sustainability and well-being. Their origin story is rooted in a personal journey of co-founder Ami, who sought healthier cleaning solutions devoid of harmful chemicals and plastics. This realization led Ami and Sian to introduce Australia’s pioneering concentrated cleaning bars. When mixed with tap water, these bars evolve into plant-based, zero-waste cleaning solutions.
These aren’t just ordinary cleaning products. They’ve combined aesthetic appeal with functionality, transforming cleaning items into objects of pride, meant to be showcased rather than hidden. Their commitment extends to:
- Plant-based Ingredients: They use non-toxic, vegan ingredients, making their products grey water safe and exceptionally effective.
- Zero Waste Initiative: No single-use plastics here. Products come in compostable wrappers and cardboard mailers.
- Support Local: Founded by females, they prioritize local communities by producing in Queensland.
- Certifications: Notably, they’re Australia’s first certified B Corp and also contribute 1% of sales to environmental causes.
- Reduced Carbon Footprint: Their concentrated bars help decrease transport emissions, as traditional cleaners consist of 95-98% water.
In a short span, from a garage beginning to reaching over 20,000 homes, Pleasant State has prevented 150,000 plastic bottles from going to landfills, produced 75,000 liters of toxic-free cleaning solutions, and donated a considerable amount to charities. With founders deeply rooted in nature, their commitment extends beyond business, ensuring a cleaner planet for all.