PaaPii, originating from Finland, embarked on its journey in 2011, transforming Anniina Isokangas’ passion into a vibrant business. Initially, PaaPii began by handcrafting stuffed animals, fabrics, and interior items. However, over the years, it transitioned to industrial-scale production, introducing apparel for babies, children, and women. Today, all their clothing is crafted in their own sewing factory situated in Kokkola, Finland.
What makes PaaPii stand out?
- Nature-Inspired Designs: PaaPii draws inspiration from the simple joys of everyday life, be it nature, poetry, or human interactions. Their patterns are timeless, ensuring they remain relevant and stylish across seasons.
- Sustainable Practices: Operating on solar power, PaaPii’s factory produces garments that not only resonate with nature but also are made using organic cotton, making them apt for sensitive skin.
- Ethical and Eco-Friendly: By valuing eco-friendly and ethical standards, PaaPii ensures that all clothing is made sustainably. Furthermore, their power consumption is 100% from renewable sources, including solar panels and geothermal heat pumps.
- High-Quality Materials: Approximately 97% of PaaPii’s clothing is made from certified organic cotton, while other items are crafted using mulesing-free merino wool and recycled materials, like YKK’s Natulon zippers.
- Waste-Reducing Packaging: PaaPii avoids plastic, ensuring products are packed in eco-friendly, biodegradable bags. These bags, adorned with PaaPii’s signature owl-pattern, can be reused, reflecting their commitment to the environment.
Over the last decade, PaaPii has flourished from a humble crafting entity to a global brand, selling products across four continents. They also house popular brands such as GOTS, Ökotex, and YKK, ensuring that every product aligns with the company’s ethos of quality and sustainability.