Ohne Project is an emerging barefoot sneakers brand with a recently funded Kickstarter: the Project 080. Drawing inspiration from the ’80s, the Project 080 is a barefoot sneaker that addresses the age-old discomfort associated with narrow, ill-fitting shoes. Their product range aims to alleviate common foot, back, and joint problems, ensuring healthier movement and posture.
Co-founders Manel and Hanna, brought together by their love for exploring new cultures, food, and sustainable living, laid the foundation for Ohne Project. The idea took root from their concern for their son’s footwear and the lack of appealing barefoot shoe options on the market. Combining their expertise in footwear design and textile engineering, they’ve made their debut in the footwear industry, providing a set of 4 sneakers all sharing the same retro-design, that are not only comfortable but also align with modern style preferences.
Especially clever is the use of a minimal sole with raised sides to give the impression of a thick retro-style sole.
Ohne Project ensures:
- Innovative Comfort: Evolved designs mitigate footwear-related health issues, promoting better posture and natural movement.
- Stylish Aesthetics: Barefoot shoes draw inspiration from ’80s sneakers, ensuring no compromise on style.
- Expertise-Driven Design: Leveraging the founders’ knowledge in footwear design and textile engineering.
- Sustainable Production: Commitment to eco-friendly practices, with the use of recycled and natural materials.
- Superior Sustainable Materials: Exceptional materials like corn leather, recycled rubber, and organic cotton laces are used.
- Local Handcrafting: All products are handcrafted locally in Spain, underscoring the brand’s commitment to sustainability.
Ohne Project’s barefoot sneakers align their vision with stylish, comfortable, and sustainable footwear.