Mantis World, established in 2000 by the passionate CEO Prama Bhardwaj, champions traceability and transparency in garment production. With roots stretching deep into East Africa’s textile industry, they take immense pride in supporting every individual in their supply chain, ensuring ethical practices from sourcing to sale. Prama’s African heritage influences the brand, with production still ongoing in historic factories in Tanzania.
Mantis World stands out with:
- A comprehensive approach to reduce environmental impact, from a zero airfreight policy to the use of sea or road transport.
- Packaging that favors recyclable materials, with innovative efforts to decrease plastic usage.
- A dedication to maintaining garment quality, ensuring customer satisfaction regardless of storage duration.
- An early adoption of organic cotton, eliminating conventional cotton’s adverse effects. By 2019, they had already achieved their goal of using 100% organic cotton.
- Incorporation of recycled polyester in their range, solidifying their commitment to sustainable fabrics.
Additionally, their commitment extends beyond sustainability. With collaborations and initiatives, they strive to foster industry-wide change, prioritizing a balance between people, the planet, and profitability. Mantis World’s practices and products resonate with a genuine concern for the environment and societal wellbeing.