Guided by the vision of founders Rachel and Jesse, Kooshoo is dedicated to shaping a future where humanity’s relationship with nature is balanced, peaceful, and sustainable. Inspired by a serendipitous encounter in Borneo and a profound understanding of the world’s ecological challenges, they embarked on a journey to create products that would have a lasting positive impact. The result is a purpose-led brand that prioritizes ethical manufacturing and sustainable living.
- Sustainable Materials: From organic cotton to natural tree rubber, the raw materials are carefully chosen. Their cotton is not just organic but also fair trade harvested. Their tree rubber is sustainably sourced from certified forests, offering a green alternative to conventional synthetic rubber.
- Non-Toxic Dyes: Their commitment to eco-friendliness extends to using OEKO-TEX certified dyes, which are gentler on the environment, reducing contamination of waterways.
- Ethical Supply Chain: Every step of Kooshoo’s supply chain is transparent. They emphasize fair wages, ethical treatment, and sustainable practices, ensuring both the creator and consumer benefit without harming the environment.
- Product Lifecycle: Each product is designed for versatility and durability. When its life as a hair accessory ends, items can be repurposed, echoing Kooshoo’s sustainable ethos.
- Plastic-Free Commitment: Their dedication is evident in their packaging, which is 100% recycled-content FSC certified paper. From the product packaging to shipping materials, everything is plastic-free, minimizing ecological footprints.
Their roots trace back to Norfolk Island in the South Pacific, where Rachel grew up. The unique cultural and linguistic blend of the island reflects in their brand name; in the local language of Norfuk, “Kooshoo” translates to “feeling good”.
Kooshoo products redefine hair accessories. These are not just items to hold your hair; they symbolize a choice for a better planet. Through their products, they offer a balanced, joyful, and sustainable lifestyle, aiming to leave the planet better than they found it.