Greenfibres, established in the 1990s by William and Gabriela Lana, is a purveyor of organic textiles. The primary vision is twofold:
- Supplying textile products that align with environmental kindness and human well-being.
- Ensuring sustainable livelihoods for everyone associated with Greenfibres.
Central to their ethos:
- Minimizing Chemical Use: By sourcing organically grown or reared raw materials like cotton, wool, and silk, Greenfibres reduces the dependency on pesticides, insecticides, and other harmful chemicals that conventional textiles employ.
- Prioritizing Welfare: Greenfibres ensures fair working conditions and pay, starting from the farmer to the textile worker. Plus, the animals supplying raw materials are treated ethically.
- Promoting Organic Agriculture: Advocating for organic farming practices, Greenfibres believes in aligning with natural, sustainable methods, reducing carbon footprints.
Dedicated to providing a personalized shopping experience, their tight-knit team offers attentive service and expert knowledge on their products. If you’re ever in Totnes, a visit to their shop is a sensory delight, with the aroma of organic cotton and traditionally made French soaps welcoming visitors.
Greenfibres also actively contributes to enhancing sustainable practices:
- Local and European sourcing to decrease “textile-miles”.
- Utilizing biodegradable, reusable, and recyclable packaging.
- Engaging with service providers committed to sustainability, including renewable energy sources and ethical banking.