Granelito is deeply rooted in sustainable practices, emphasizing the significance of conscious choices for the planet’s well-being. Originating from Moa and Miguel Miró-Quesada’s passion, Granelito places the environment at the forefront of its mission. Their primary fabric, organic Pima cotton, is cultivated without chemicals, promising a hypoallergenic, long-lasting product ideal for sensitive skin. This cotton, with its longer fibers, ensures garments are not just durable but also designed for extended use and inheritance across generations.
Here’s a closer look at Granelito’s sustainability initiatives:
- Hand-Harvested Materials: Their Pima cotton is hand-harvested in Peru’s northern coast, reducing the environmental impact and ensuring quality.
- Direct Collaboration: Working closely with factories in Lima, they oversee knitting, cutting, and sewing processes, maintaining a transparent supply chain.
- GOTS-Certified Fabrics: While the final factory isn’t GOTS-certified due to cost considerations, their fabrics adhere to GOTS standards up to the final stages of production.
- Compostable Products: Their newborn gift baskets, handcrafted in Peru, are not just beautiful but also compostable, underscoring a commitment to reducing waste.
- Encouraging Long Use: Advocating for purchasing slightly larger sizes, Granelito ensures children wear their clothes longer, mitigating fast fashion’s rapid turnover.
- Unisex Designs: By not categorizing garments by gender, they foster sharing among siblings and friends, reducing the need for new purchases.
Granelito’s dedication extends beyond clothing. Their ethos speaks of a deeper connection to our planet, urging consumers to make mindful choices. This brand doesn’t just offer garments; it invites you on a journey towards a more sustainable and interconnected world.