GRAMMAR, inspired by “The Elements of Style” by William Strunk, Jr. & E.B. White, crafts the foundational elements of a modern minimalist wardrobe. Their ethos lies in the essence of simplicity and elegance, ensuring each piece serves a distinct purpose in one’s collection.
- Essentiality: At the core of their range is the iconic white shirt – a staple for every wardrobe. Their products are created to embody purpose and personality.
- Quality and Beauty: GRAMMAR’s dedication to excellence is evident in their relentless pursuit of quality in design and product creation.
- Sustainability: Their garments exude both style and responsibility. Made from 100% organic cotton sourced from ethical producers in India, their shirts stand against the harmful effects of pesticides on both humans and the environment.
- Production Standards: GRAMMAR champions local craftsmanship. By producing in small batches in New York City, they support local artisans and minimize their supply chain’s ecological footprint. Their organic cotton fabric boasts GOTS certification, ensuring the strictest standards of sustainability from seed to fabric.
- Designer’s Vision: Althea Simons, the founder, was driven to create the perfect white shirt after a personal setback. Her attention to detail and love for classic wardrobe essentials paved the way for GRAMMAR.
- Community and Ethics: From the beginning, GRAMMAR has stood for sustainability in materials and relationships. Their continuous commitment to community and environment sets a high standard for fashion brands.
- Sourcing and Production: GRAMMAR’s materials are carefully chosen. With fabrics coming from India, Japan, and Europe, they ensure all are 100% organic. Their production practices minimize toxic chemicals, water use, and greenhouse gas emissions, making them an environmentally-conscious choice.
- Supporting Local: The brand takes pride in its New York roots, working with a woman- and BIPOC-owned factory in the city’s legendary Garment District. Their garments come to life thanks to skilled local artisans. The commitment extends to community support, collaborating with BIPOC- and women-owned businesses, and regular donations to causes like Color of Change and Dress for Success.
In their quest to make timeless garments, GRAMMAR doesn’t just design clothing. They craft stories, nurture relationships, and tread gently on our planet. Their shirts are made of organic cotton, with designs intended to last and, when the time comes, can be recycled or composted. Even their packaging, from boxes to tape, is thoughtfully made from recycled materials and is entirely compostable or recyclable.