Elvis & Kresse is a pioneering company that transforms waste materials into luxurious and functional lifestyle products. Founded in 2005 following a chance encounter with the London Fire Brigade, they began by rescuing decommissioned fire hoses, diverting over 300 tonnes of material from landfill since inception.
Their product range has expanded to include:
- Bags, belts, and wallets crafted from reclaimed fire hoses.
- Accessories made from rescued parachute silk, printing blankets, and tea sacks.
- Home and lifestyle items designed using recycled shoe boxes and auction banners.
Sustainability and Innovation:
- A partnership with the Burberry Foundation in 2017 focuses on repurposing leather waste into new luxury items.
- Their production process honors traditional craftsmanship, emphasizing quality and durability.
- Committed to reducing environmental impact, they also adhere to ethical labor practices.
Community and Environmental Contribution:
- Elvis & Kresse donates 50% of profits from certain collections to charities like the Fire Fighters Charity and Barefoot College.
- Their business model is centered on making a positive environmental and social impact, going beyond traditional profit metrics.
Elvis & Kresse is not just a brand; it’s a movement towards sustainable luxury, demonstrating that environmental responsibility and high-end design can coexist, creating products with a story and a purpose.