Chris Flores, popularly known as Chris “Flo”, is a seasoned trainer with over two decades of experience, who’s passionate about inspiring transformation through training. As an original Animal Flow Master Instructor, he is renowned for his lively, engaging workshops and his ability to guide students on various platforms.
Chris operates FLO Fitness, a semi-private studio in Scotch Plains, New Jersey, where he facilitates adults and injured athletes in improving their movement capacity and efficiency. He also held the role of Head Athletic Trainer at Westfield High School for 10 years, giving him extensive exposure to a variety of athletic disciplines.
His journey into fitness started early, inspired by the potential training has to effect positive change. Since earning his W.I.T.S. certification in 2001, Chris has acquired a Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training from Kean University and further certification from NASM.
Apart from running FLO Fitness, Chris takes an active role in mentoring upcoming trainers and hosts meetups and events through the FLO Network. He has also developed a Mindset training program named “FLO-Osophy” designed to help individuals discover their purpose and passions.
Chris’ qualifications and certifications include:
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training from Kean University
- Certified and Licensed Athletic Trainer (ATC)
- Certified by World Instructor Training School (W.I.T.S) as a Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) CPT
- New Jersey State Medical Licensure
- FRC (Functional Range Conditioning) Practitioner
- Ultimate Sandbag DVRT Level 1 & 2
- TRX Rip Trainer Certified
- CPR/First Aid Instructor/Certified
- Animal Flow Master Instructor
Chris has authored the acclaimed book, “Build Your Legacy: 18 Principles To Help You Create And Maintain A Lasting Legacy”. He believes in the joy of pursuit rather than the concept of mastery, and once a goal is achieved, he feels it’s essential to aid others in reaching their goals.